Did You Know?
- 15,000 children in our state have a parent serving time behind bars
- Children with an incarcerated parent are among the highest at-risk and least visible populations in Minnesota.
- 60-80% of children with an incarcerated parent are likely to wind up in the criminal justice system themselves.
Proven Success for PWP Families and Individuals
How Parenting With Purpose Makes A Difference: Our 2019 Outcomes
- 97% of kids in our mentoring program remain crime-free and 90% of youth show marked academic improvement
- 100% of parents released acquire a job, schooling or safe housing
- 86% of released parents remain crime-free
KARE11 interviewed a few select non-profits in Minnesota that are making a huge difference within their mentoring programs for children and families. Parenting With Purpose was one of the featured organizations selected, produced in 2013.