Through mentoring, education and support, Parenting With Purpose will bring healing, restoration and liberty to families affected by incarceration.
Helping kids stay in school and improve academics
PWP staff visit the youth’s school on a regular basis to meet with their counselors and teachers. Through these visits the youth’s academics, attendance and behavior are reviewed and monitored. Issues are addressed as well as praise for good reports.
- Break the cycle of crime within families
- Re-establish, strengthen and maintain the emotional connection between parent and child
- Increase positive parental involvement in their children’s education, behavior and well-being at home, in school and in the community
- Reduce the rate of recidivism
- Decrease the chances of self-destructive behavior
- Improve relationships between youth, parent and caregiver
- Improve school attendance and academic achievement
- Improve behavior in the home, school and community