Through mentoring, education and support, Parenting With Purpose will bring healing, restoration and liberty to families affected by incarceration.
Mentor A Child
A Volunteer Opportunity
Mentoring a child through Parenting With Purpose is a life-changing opportunity for the child, their family and the mentor. Enjoy quality time with a child, youth or young adult ages 5-25. Mentors are encouraged to spend weekly time with their mentee in a variety of environments to build a relationship that will be remembered forever. Modeling healthy families, creating fun memories and teaching life skills are some of the ways PWP mentors are impacting the lives of children every day!
Every mentor match is same gender and formed naturally through prior interaction with interested youth in an activity or group setting. PWP trains mentors to meet and relate to the unique needs of prisoners’ children and provides ongoing encouragement and staff support to every mentor.
- Each mentor devotes at least two hours of weekly quality time to their mentee
- Make a one-year commitment to their mentee
- Attend our training sessions
- Pass state and federal background checks
- Sign a character covenant agreement
- Mentors should have the ability to accept and relate to youth who may not share the mentors’ lifestyle, social/economic, or cultural background
“PWP helped me realize that I am valuable and I can be anything I want to be.” -a child with an incarcerated parent
“They never gave up on me even when I pushed them away. Now I know they love me.” -a child with an incarcerated parent