Through mentoring, education and support, Parenting With Purpose will bring healing, restoration and liberty to families affected by incarceration.
Bringing kids together with similar backgrounds to experience a positive and encouraging environment
Everyone in our mentoring program is encouraged to attend this monthly support group, which focuses on biblical principles for personal growth. In this group, youth receive a healthy lunch (prepared by Lunches of Love), a message of hope and encouragement, and an opportunity to talk among peers about the issues they experience.
- Break the cycle of crime within families
- Re-establish, strengthen and maintain the emotional connection between parent and child
- Increase positive parental involvement in their children’s education, behavior and well-being at home, in school and in the community
- Reduce the rate of recidivism
- Decrease the chances of self-destructive behavior
- Improve relationships between youth, parent and caregiver
- Improve school attendance and academic achievement
- Improve behavior in the home, school and community