Through mentoring, education and support, Parenting With Purpose will bring healing, restoration and liberty to families affected by incarceration.
Connecting released parents to housing, employment and finding resources to meet basic needs of families
Through its relationships with incarcerated moms and dads, PWP establishes solid connections with entire families, offering continued support and guidance. Home visits take place on a regular basis and consist of conflict resolution, goal setting, accountability and Biblical counsel.
Once a parent is released PWP provides referrals for employment, schooling, housing, furniture, food and clothing to create the opportunity for parents to live productive lives once they are released back into their homes and our communities.
Our Blessing Closet is a place for PWP families impacted by incarceration to pick up basic supplies needed for their households. All items are free and donated by generous individuals, churches or companies.
Families are isolated and left to fend for themselves in the areas of finances, housing, and parenting. There are many issues they face on a daily basis.
- Break the cycle of crime within families
- Re-establish, strengthen and maintain the emotional connection between parent and child
- Increase positive parental involvement in their children’s education, behavior and well-being at home, in school and in the community
- Reduce the rate of recidivism
- Decrease the chances of self-destructive behavior
- Improve relationships between youth, parent and caregiver
- Improve school attendance and academic achievement
- Improve behavior in the home, school and community