Through mentoring, education and support, Parenting With Purpose will bring healing, restoration and liberty to families affected by incarceration.
Teachers are welcome in the following areas
A Volunteer Opportunity
Everyone in our Mentoring for Life Change Program is encouraged to attend this monthly support group, which focuses on biblical principles for personal growth. In this group youth receive a healthy lunch, a message of hope and encouragement and an opportunity to talk among peers about the issues they experience. The classes are divided by age:
- Kindergarten through second grade
- Third grade through fifth
- Sixth grade through graduation and up
- This class meets primarily on the 4th Saturday of every month from 10am to 12pm.
Parenting With Purpose provides imprisoned mothers and fathers with parenting classes, which focus on parenting education and support. Classes are designed to meet the unique needs of inmate parents who desire to learn how to be better parents, restore and strengthen their family relationships, and build a strong foundation in their homes.
Parenting With Purpose provides class curricula and continuous support for all teachers. Each teacher is required:
- Sign a character covenant agreement
- Pass state and federal background checks
- Attend our training sessions
- Make a one-year commitment to their class
- Have the ability to accept and relate to others who may not share their lifestyle, social/economic, or cultural background